Why is there not alot of OpenGL game books?

Started by
13 comments, last by GameMasterXL 18 years, 9 months ago
I've got one coming out that you might like. :)

Learn about game programming!Games Programming in C++: Start to Finish
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
i have mixed feeling about that book. First i don't want to buy the newer version because it doesn't have as much info ( its ONLY 336 pages wtf? the other is 808 ), but how can i buy a book when its author says "don't buy this book".

That's just the first book. Plus it has a few chapters on the CDROM that were in the previous book. Also note that it is about half the price of the old book. The second book More OpenGL Game Programming is listed on amazon as coming out in October. Together they will cost about as much as the old OpenGL Game Programming book.

In my opinion it is a good way to start game related OpenGL development.
Quote:Original post by GameMasterXL
and is there any realy good online reference or book for openGL? i looked at NEHE's and they look good.

Most people seem to find NeHe's tutorials very good, you can learn quite a bit from those. In addition, The Red Book (OpenGL Programming Guide) and The Blue Book (OpenGL Reference Manual) are available online and can be very helpful if you know how to use the information effectively.

You can also try the forums on the OpenGL site.

- Jason Astle-Adams

I will go with OpenGL Programming Guide: The Official Guide to Learning OpenGL, Version 1.4, Fourth Edition
(= The Red Book ). I think it's the best book i can get for OpenGL.

Will i be able to make programs like this after i read it?

thx!
Thanks for all the replys, by the way when gamedev take over NEHE's site will the tutorials still be up to read?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement