Help on C++

Started by
4 comments, last by xtremeprog05 18 years, 10 months ago
I need lots of help on using C++, I'm a bit stuck on some of these topics shown down and need lots of help to understand them correctly. 1. Basics of C++. Structure of a C++ program. Variables. Data types. Constants. Operators. Communication through console. 2. Control structures and Functions. Control Structures. Functions .
Advertisement
It's called a book. I recommend "C++: The Complete Reference" by Herbert Schildt. It's for beginners up to professionals, as it teaches the language and yet it serves as a great reference as well. If money is an issue, there's several websites, particularly www.functionx.com that can serve your purpose. Good luck.
Quote:Original post by Darkrider
I need lots of help on using C++, I'm a bit stuck on some of these topics shown down and need lots of help to understand them correctly.

1. Basics of C++.
Structure of a C++ program.
Variables. Data types. Constants.
Operators.
Communication through console.
2. Control structures and Functions.
Control Structures.
Functions .

The funny thing... he didn't even make this into a question.

Here is a little review of one of my favorite books so far:

Game Programming All In One by BRUNO MIGUEL TEIXEIRA DE SOUSA
(Why can't I have a spanish name?)

I liked very very much. It really goes over the basics of C++, then the advanced stuff, and relates it all to games, and gives examples, then goes off into 3D.

He spends 300 pages on C++
50 pages on basic windows to get you into directX
And then the rest he goes into detail with DirectX and 3d math and other stuff.
Book is in total 907 pages

It really is the book that has actually made me want to read it. So if you want to get one book that really shows you all the way, I'd suggest you check this one out.

If not, I heard Accelerated C++ was a good book as well, but I can't comment on it.

Good luck.
There are so many resources on the web for c++ too

Here are just a few resources that might be of help to you :

Horribly laid out tutorials
FAQ Lite
Guru of the Week

And if you get stuck you can always try here
i never used a book to learn...

i wish i had 'of. I read one of my m8's the other day and it would have really helped
-www.freewebs.com/tm1rbrt -> check out my gameboy emulator ( worklog updated regularly )
cprogramming.com can really help, it has good tutorials.

hope this helps!

My site

printf("C++ 4 Lifen");

I'm a GL guy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement