EXT_PIXEL_BUFFER_OBJECT for Render to Texture

Started by
21 comments, last by Name_Unknown 18 years, 9 months ago
Quote:Original post by Myopic Rhino
Quote:Original post by Kylotan
Can anybody confirm the above? Virus checkers can sometimes give out erroneous warnings due to the somewhat primitive signature checking some of them use.
NAV 2005 flags it as the same virus.

Good thing I never tried the exe :)

Tom
Advertisement
hi,
im beginner in image processing,
just want to read the framebuffer with glreadpixels and then draw it with gldrawpixels.
i had some problems and didnt worked, could anyone write me a few lines of code for an example?
(with initializing variables, and so on, with anything i need to that)

thanks all
Quote:Original post by dimebolt
Quote:Original post by glJack
The fact that speed difference is minimal made me think that GeForce 2 GTS
implements PBO ext in software, and keeps all PBO data in system memory...

I don't know enough about GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_EXT to answer your question. Could you post the entire code? I can try it later today, on my Geforce6 at home. That one should definately support the extension. Then we'll at least know if the problem is caused by your geforce2. It is quite likely that the problem lies there, because the GL_PIXEL_PACK_BUFFER_EXT extension is more recent than the Geforce2.

Tom

Just because a driver supports an extensions doesn't mean it is actually in hardware.. some cards 'support' ARB Vertex programs but actually do it in software in the driver. It could be that because NVidia drivers support all of their cards doesn't mean it is being done in hardware, so it maybe that the Geforce 2 has this extension but the driver emulates it (maybe even with glTexSubImage2D...). Don't know, nobody but NVidia knows how their drivers work.

"It's such a useful tool for living in the city!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement