In-Game Map Editing

Started by
2 comments, last by PsYchOtroW 23 years, 5 months ago
Hi, i am programming a little rpg and i thought on in game level editing. I mean that when you have done a quest are something like that, that you edit the level by the game. Many people load another map or? Can you Give me some Pros and Contras on this method? Thanx Lutz Hören Power Productions http://www.seghorn.com/power-productions
psYchOtroW
Advertisement
Could you be a little clearer about what you are trying to do?
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
What I think he is wanting is this:

Say you rescue a girl from a waterfall. Then, the game changes (edits) the current map so that the girl is now back at her house and the local council has decided that the waterfall is dangerous and now there is a fence around it. Most people are now talking about how heroic you are as well.

I''m not too sure about changing the map, but for changing what people say, you could just examine what things the player has done and then select a topic of conversation.

I thought about this too and couldn''t figure it out. Thinking about it some more, I think a scripting language would work. Just have a function to create a solid object and load that. Of course, the other option is to do as mentioned, and load a different map. That will work too, cuz the maps are going to be small anyway, one more won''t really make a big difference
Peon

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement