3H-GDC m.II **** The results are in ****

Started by
149 comments, last by Binomine 18 years, 8 months ago
Who needs to finish judging before we find out who one?
Advertisement
I'm still waiting on kSquared.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
I'll post my favourites here, along with a descriptive text of what I found of the game, tommorrow. I've started this week way too busy, and I'm sorry for that.

Again, congrats to all the participants, great work guys! [wink]
Argh, fixed 3 ugly bugs:

1) Didn't modify the tv creation rate with the frame time (faster PC, more TVs).
2) A movement bug, sometimes the killed player fell too slow.
3) Time running although not in game mode (Well Done, Get Ready, Game Over)

Get the fixed version here.

Be fair, don't judge fixed versions!

Other things are still as ugly as before:
Space confirms a message (Well Done, Get Ready, Game Over), Shift-Left and Shift-Right turns the player without moving him. Space in game fires the water hose to the window above left or right of you.

Escape quits the game at once.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Damn, i wish i wasnt away and had time to prepare slightly for this contest.

In other news, what happened to capn_midnight?
╔═══╦═══╗╚═══╩═══╝
OMG... the game actually makes sense. Here is what I was shooting for:

Fire Wire
Quote:Original post by Zefrieg
OMG... the game actually makes sense. Here is what I was shooting for:

Fire Wire

Much nicer! :)

/MindWipe
"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group."
stro - 5.2
- Stro delivered one of my favourite entries. I'm a big fan of anything that makes you think. The game concept was intriguing at first, and I was lost in regards to what I was supposed to accomplish, but after a few retries I had understood was needed to be done. I cannot really punish the game for it's lack of levels, and I praise it's concept. I could really see this game evolving into a full blown production.

Burn it with Fire - Toxic Hippo - 5.1
- This is the most adrenalin driven game of the pack. You're caught of guard when playing it for the first time, due to it's speed. None the less the graphics work, and the game has a lot of replay value. I'll put it a pixel under stro's entry, because I feel I need more than adrenalin these days.

Pirate Burninator - DukeAtreides - 5
- Loved the concept, loved the execution. The game played in a fluid manner, was easy to grasp, and was interesting enough to come back for more.

endurion - 4.7
- Well executed concept, loved the graphics and the idea of the falling TVs.

Hellfire MarkR - 4.6
- Creating a game in just &#106avascript, such a challenged language, would be much harder, but I loved the end result. The game sins for lack of a 2nd or even 3rd level, and I didn't quite grasp the logic behind the evolution of the forest fire, and if the fire had "a mind of it's own", and tried to go in a certain direction, like the wind.

Fire - mike25025 - 3
- A very straightforward concept. Avoid the falling flames. The fact that the sprites don't have alpha channels really stood out, and the game has little in the way of replay value. A great entry nonetheless.

Fire Wire - Zefrieg - 1
- This game sinned for it's lack of stable code in the syncronization area. The graphics where interesting, and from what I read from the author, so was the gameplay. None the less I have to judge what is delivered, and not what is promised.

Jump or burn - bitplane - 1
- This game also suffered from technical dificulties, and I was unable to get it to run on the machines I have available to me.

Congrats to all the participants, I hope to co-sponsor another one of these events soon. Congrats to the winners, keep up the great work.

For the others who don't get to take home a prize, I think you already have the prize. Only the most dedicated would ever participate in an event like this. That means that you have a future not only in the computer programming world, but in the Game Programming World as well. And don't forget that today's winners where yesterday's losers... [wink]

Wherever we are in life, it was the little steps that brought us there...
Thanks for your vote, Prozak.

I'm going to take an arbitrary decision and declare that the vote will close at the last stroke of midnight on Friday, with the results being announced on Saturday - then we'll take care of the prize distribution.

Vote if you can!
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
sounds good, fruny

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement