Source Metrics tools

Started by
1 comment, last by DigitalDelusion 18 years, 9 months ago
I've recently begun adopting TDD and generaly trying to become a better developer and human being by improving my coding habits. While doing so I stumbled upon the quite excellent SourceMonitor a small tool that calculates some nice metrics over a given codebase anyone else have any experience with it? Any other free tools like dependancy checkers and code visualizers availbable that you can recomend? Specificly if anyone know of a tool that can as Borland Togheter create UML from existing code that would be awsome.
HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
Advertisement
Quote:While doing so I stumbled upon the quite excellent SourceMonitor a small tool that calculates some nice metrics over a given codebase anyone else have any experience with it?

I do now. Thanks for that link; I've been meaning to hunt for something that can do a few of the things this does.

Quote:Specificly if anyone know of a tool that can as Borland Togheter create UML from existing code that would be awsome.

Well I use Enterprise Architect, which has code to UML (and vice versa) generation ability. It's the best thing I've come across to do UML modelling. It's not free, but it's pretty cheap, and worth it IMO.
Quote:Original post by Nemesis2k2
Well I use Enterprise Architect, which has code to UML (and vice versa) generation ability. It's the best thing I've come across to do UML modelling. It's not free, but it's pretty cheap, and worth it IMO.

That's actually quite reasonbly priced maybe time to start saving for it.

HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement