Multiprocessor Clusters

Started by
12 comments, last by NickGeorgia 18 years, 9 months ago
It should also be mentioned that there are specific types of problems that are well suited to parallel computation, and many more that aren't. The key is to be able to divide your problem up into independant units of work so that you only need to bring the results together at the end rather than continuously having to communicate between the systems.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Advertisement
Actually the main purpose of using clusters are to impress girls.. hehe. j/k.

Well I plan to use some intelligent agents for an idea of mine. That is why I am trying to investigate some things about clusters of processors. This does not necessarily mean 1 agent per processor. The goal of my project is intelligence, not speed.

Thanks for your guys inputs.
If your interested, the latest Game Gems:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1584503521/qid=1122397339/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1152619-4900151?v=glance&s=books&n=507846
has an article on multicore ai programming (written by yours truly ;-) )

Its called Parallel AI development with PVM. Its really targeted towards RTS's and turn based games, but is definately applicable to others. It gives a good breakdown of parallel AI system (glrParallelAI), and the article is basically the roadmap to the system I've developed at home and work.

I'm currently refactoring the toolkit into a more OS agnostic framework. Even though PVM supports multiple os types, glrParallelAI currently only supports windows(100%) and linux (%25).

Enjoy,

Mike Ramsey
http://www.masterempire.com

Sounds like a winner. I don't have the Gems book, but I'm dying to take a look at it now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement