Sign in to follow this  

[java] java.lang.reflect and Code Generation

This topic is 4517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi folks, My current project must generate Java code, and so I have to design a class that represents a legal Java method. I've searched google extensively, but all I got was tutorials about how to retrive information about methods of an existing class - which is not what I need. So, do you guys know of a good book or tutorial that deals with reflect? I've seen the Type and TypeVariable interfaces, as well as GenericDeclaration, but I couldn't figure out a way of working with them in order to generate code. Can you guys brainstorm for a while? ;) Son Of Cain

Here is some ant stuff for a beautifier call to JIndent (for copy paste purposes), this is just a ant target:

<pre>
<!-- ================================================================== -->
<!-- Format Source Code recursively throughout the source tree -->
<!-- ================================================================== -->
<target name="format" depends="compile" description="JIndent Format" >
<java jar="lib/Jindent.jar"
fork="true"
classpathref="classpath" >
<arg value="-r" />
<arg value="${src}" />
</java>
</target>
</pre>

You'll also need the JIndent pure java downloads from JIndent.com, and to put the jars from that download in the /lib dir of your project. This is not the JIndent-ant.jar but nearly all the other jars that come with the d/l.

It's nice, and you can edit this to accept a file with your custome format preferences, just like checkstyle, that is incase you find checkstyle not up to par. I don't remember if checkstyle accepts java1.5 -- I knodw the jalopy documentation says only to 1.4.1 (or so).

L-

[Edited by - Lucidquiet on August 5, 2005 4:22:55 PM]

This topic is 4517 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.