Games

Started by
7 comments, last by Stephen R 18 years, 9 months ago
This is a very noob question but, How do you run peoples games? like i want play someones game. and ive downloaded it but its just a folder with contents how would i play the game?
Advertisement
Read the Read Me!!
It doesn't say anything in the readme.
You see, there are things called 'executable' files. These exist on Windows, Unix-based operating systems, and yes, even Mac OSX (as amazing as this may seem).

Often times you have to 'double-click' or otherwise 'execute' the aforementioned executables in order to 'run' games. These 'executables' may also be 'ran' using the 'run' command in Windows, or by 'using a shell command' in your particular GUI-less operating system.

... Seriously, I can't help you unless I know what program it is you're trying to run. Sorry about the sarcasm, I just couldn't help myself.
It depends. They might give you an .exe file with some resources(images, sounds) if they wrote it in C++. A .jar and resources if in java, or source code and resources . If they give you source code( the actual code ) you will need to compile it in the right compiler(java needed a java compiler like JCreator, c++ needs something like Dev-CPP)
Well the game is called "Maul Ball" and its written by this guy named stro.
OH i figured it out. I am very dumb. Thanx for the help.
Quote:Original post by TriSwords
It depends. They might give you an .exe file with some resources(images, sounds) if they wrote it in C++. A .jar and resources if in java, or source code and resources . If they give you source code( the actual code ) you will need to compile it in the right compiler(java needed a java compiler like JCreator, c++ needs something like Dev-CPP)

Of course if you use Windows XP, you probably can't see those file extensions unless you've dug around in the Explorer options. Thanks Microsoft.
You are not the one beautiful and unique snowflake who, unlike the rest of us, doesn't have to go through the tedious and difficult process of science in order to establish the truth. You're as foolable as anyone else. And since you have taken no precautions to avoid fooling yourself, the self-evident fact that countless millions of humans before you have also fooled themselves leads me to the parsimonious belief that you have too.--Daniel Rutter
Mind telling me what confused you, so I don't do it again?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement