framework style

Started by
5 comments, last by BALIKEKMEK 18 years, 8 months ago
I would like to give framework class a try but i couldn't manage to create a new project like an emptyproject sample in SDK/samples/managed/direct3d. Exact copy of the solution folder and common files ( relinked ) does not work. It builds nicely but the executable file only works back in the original place of emptyproject.exe . How come an empty project require a media file on SDK installation? or should i use the classical onidle style? Help me for a GOOD and EMPTY project please.
Advertisement
I thought by now , I would have many replies (should i have asked fot the BEST empty project :) ). There is noone even telling me that it is not even worth a reply :(

I dont think so but if someone tries the same copy approach , dont waste your hours like me on debug, here *** is the breakpoint before error:

file: dxmutmisc.cs
---------------------------------------------
778 foreach(Effect e in effectCache.Values)
*** 779 e.OnResetDevice();
The DX SDK should install a DX AppWizard that you can use. (At least, that's what it did in the days of VC6.)
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
The DX SDK should install a DX AppWizard that you can use. (At least, that's what it did in the days of VC6.)

Yes, I Agree.
hi,

why don't you just choose a simple dx tutorial source that you like and understand, and rip out the code you don't need for an empty project?

kp

------------------------------------------------------------Neo, the Matrix should be 16-byte aligned for better performance!
I have created a template file that can be used in the New vs2005 system, located on www.ircomm.net.

The empty project from the sdk needs the media directory, as well as the UI directory in the media directory. Located there are the textures and objects needed to create the GUI system.

All I have done in the past is to set up a media directory, as well as the UI directory underneath, then copy all of the files from the UI directory in the sdk to the directory I have just created. This will then work as the DX Framework classes will search for that directory.
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
Thank you Myrke bu I guess I found it.

There is a samplebrowser.exe which can show a sample, its documentation and can install it to your project folder with necessary renaming and copying operations.

[edit] although it does create a faulty one [/edit]

Unaware of this utility, I had to browse through the framework codes which was very useful. BTW, these samples also use the Idle style for the loop.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement