Imagine: Birth

Started by
8 comments, last by Trapper Zoid 18 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys, I have an idea I have been working on for the past couple months. The game is called Imagine: Birth. The basics of the game are in a 3rd person perspective, MMORTS/RPG, with summons. The RTS aspect is by letting you create buildings and other objects, and a RPG aspect with quests, leveling, skill based game. So check it out at http://phpbb88.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=imagine The forum is still very new, and I am very new to this, Please post some ideas and thoughts. I need all the help I can get! Thanks guys, Fig
Advertisement
my best advice, if you are very new to this, try not to make an MMORPG, you will just get flamed - or at least pretend the post is hypothetical. =)
[email=django@turmoil-online.com]Django Merope-Synge[/email] :: Project Manager/Lead Designer: Turmoil (www.turmoil-online.com)
Hmm. When I first saw this topic I thought you were going to present a game idea based around being born, and wanted us to imagine/remember what the process felt like so that we could understand the game mechanic.

(Needless to say that I'd be more interested in a game based around being born than in yet another MMORPG.)

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Quote:Original post by superpig
Hmm. When I first saw this topic I thought you were going to present a game idea based around being born, and wanted us to imagine/remember what the process felt like so that we could understand the game mechanic.

(Needless to say that I'd be more interested in a game based around being born than in yet another MMORPG.)

Thats what i was thinking too... I got kinda excited.
edited

[Edited by - Fig420 on August 9, 2005 11:57:29 AM]
deleted

[Edited by - Fig420 on August 9, 2005 11:41:09 AM]
I may be shutting the gate after the horse has bolted here, but you probably ought to read this: Going to post your game idea? Read this first.

Also, reading the Forum FAQ might not be a bad idea...
*Unsure as to why, I clicked in intrigue as to the title...*
You know, the more complex the idea is, the more difficult it will be to accomplish that idea. If you're absolutely sure, fine tune your idea 100 %, and assemble a team; or contact a company. I like the idea of a game of birth.
'imagine: Birth' is a great title for a game i think.
I can't seem to find any info on your game at the forum site, Fig420. I'm interested in how you can combine all those game elements into a cohesive whole (and because I'm planning a hybrid RTS/RPG myself, although not MMO).

Maybe if you posted some specific idea you can get some better feedback? It's too hard for someone new to your ideas to give any useful feedback on your entire game design at once. Offer a single gameplay idea at a time and you'll get lots of useful feeback. Have a look at the FAQ, or some of the other threads here (Wavinator has some good ones) to get an idea of how to phrase your questions.

Best of luck!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement