FireBlade Particle Engine

Started by
23 comments, last by DrewGreen 18 years, 7 months ago
Just a word of warning, both of the exe's (one still in the rare and one extracted) contained a virus according to Norton.
Advertisement
You are the second who says that. I scanned the files with Trend Micro PC-Cillin and with Panda AntiVirus, newest versions. they didn't detect anything, but now I guess I have to check this out more. please pm me which exes (there are many in the archive) and what kind of virus - i will remove the files until this is not clear. thanks for your hint. i hoped the first one was a false alarm.
Quote:Original post by KyRo1989
You are the second who says that. I scanned the files with Trend Micro PC-Cillin and with Panda AntiVirus, newest versions. they didn't detect anything, but now I guess I have to check this out more. please pm me which exes (there are many in the archive) and what kind of virus - i will remove the files until this is not clear. thanks for your hint. i hoped the first one was a false alarm.

Unfortunately Norton deleted the exe file and I deleted the rar, now both mirrors are down. I can tell you that the virus was defined as a "new win32 virus without proper definitions" or something. I'll scan it for you when I can download it again.
I uploaded the file again, it can be downloaded afresh now.
Unfortunately a few scanners detect a virus called "bloodhound.morphine" in "Config.exe". The file is packed with ExeStealth, which writes a signature that is detected as bloodhound.morphine by some scanners (I know of Symantec(TM) Norton Internet Security and ewido security suite). Of course there is no malicious code in it, so don't care of the warning please. ExeStealth is a tool which compresses exe-files and hides it's sourcecode in an own exe file so it can't be decompiled. Some people say that this tool was only written to hide viruses and other malicious code, but this is not the way the developers thought of using it.
ALL FILES ARE SCANNED WITH TREND MICRO(TM) INTERNET SECURITY 11 AND DO NOT CONTAIN ANY VIRUSES
Very nice work. I noticed the wind after I'd gone through all the effects, and whilst watching the snow fall, I thought what would be really cool would be if when the snow hits the camera, it could stick & evaporate on the "lens". This would be great for blood splat effects too, especially if they trickled down the screen afterwards :D

Sophos didn't detect any viruses btw.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mindkiller. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." ~Frank Herbert, DuneMy slice of the web

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement