[web] IFRAME inside CSS styled DIV. [Help!]

Started by
3 comments, last by GroZZleR 18 years, 8 months ago
I'm trying to do this..
<div style="position: absolute; left: 180px; top: 120px; height: 570px; width: 500px; padding: 0px;>
<iframe src="/phpbb2/index.php"></iframe>
but its not working (blank screen). If I do this...
<div style="position: absolute; left: 180px; top: 120px; height: 570px; width: 500px; padding: 0px;>
<iframe>awefawe oawejfiojew opirejopa oijt apioe tpirajaoejp tjaep btear tiaotparjtpaet eart aert ear</iframe>
I get an iframe with a border, that doesn't show the text, but does make a border (although, its not of the proper dimensions). And lastly.. if I do this...

<iframe src="/phpbb2/index.php"></iframe>
I get a page that displays the page correctly, but its not aligned the way I want it to (eg.. its in the middle). The browser I tested this on was FireFox 1.0.6 (I don't care if it doesn't work on IE). Inaddition, there ARE the ending div tabs, but the GDNet forum seems to automatically remove them. [Edited by - Thevenin on August 18, 2005 5:22:31 PM]
Advertisement
What exactly is it that you want to do? Fully center the iframe on the page, both vertically and horizontally - or to give it an absolute position?
Quote:Original post by Talonz
What exactly is it that you want to do? Fully center the iframe on the page, both vertically and horizontally - or to give it an absolute position?

Give it an absolute position.
<iframe src="/phpbb2/index.php" style="{position:absolute;absolute; left: 180px; top: 120px; height: 570px; width: 500px; padding: 0px;z-index:3;}" FRAMEBORDER=0></iframe> 

This code solved it, thanks anyways.
Quote:Original post by Thevenin
I'm trying to do this..

<div style="position: absolute; left: 180px; top: 120px; height: 570px; width: 500px; padding: 0px;><iframe src="/phpbb2/index.php"></iframe>

You're missing a quotation mark in your div, ending your style. I'm assuming that's why the content of your page isn't showing up.

Good to see you solved it another way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement