ActionScript.... VS...... C#

Started by
1 comment, last by ButtonMasher 18 years, 8 months ago
On a scale of 1 to 10 please rate the following languages specificly to the stated topic. I have filled in my own based on my own limited knowledge of each language. Please fill in your ratings. Ease of Use for creating simple games AS/Flash: 8/10 C#: 2/10 C++: 2/10 Java: 4/10 Potential for creating Advanced/Powerful games AS/Flash: 2/10 C#: 9/10 C++: 10/10 Java: 5/10 Long Term Value AS/Flash: 5/10 C#: 8/10 C++: 8/10 Java: 3/10
Advertisement
To start out - I have a quick question about your "Long Term Value" topic - what is/are the criteria/on of long term value?

I suppose that you could consider what you have to be a nice set of subjective observations and comparisons. However, it just seems to vague in the detail department, with a lot of room for your poll-takers to adjust accordingly. Could you put up some more about what you mean for each topic? Then I'll gladly make some ratings for ya.
Ease of Use for Creating Simple Games:
How fast and easily you could pickup the language (with no experience) and create complete games similar to simple Super Nintendo puzzlers/action games. (obviously with C++ this is going to be harder to achieve this than with FLash, thus the low rating for C++ - high rating for Flash)

Potential for creating Advanced/Powerful games
How much potential the language has for creating enterprise level games
(Ex- obviously Flash isn't going to be able to produce the next 100 Million dollar blockbuster whereas utilizing C++ (and other tools) this is possible

Long Term Value:
How you predict the language to hold-up and improve 10 years from now; how important will this language be in 2015 compared to other languages
(Ex- do you think Flash will be dead in 10 years. Maybe Java ? Whatabout C++, will it still be a common language for coding games?)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement