fopen does not work in release build, but works in debug build

Started by
11 comments, last by sordid 18 years, 8 months ago
Ok, this is really pissing me off now. It's failing on...

if (fread(m_imageData, sizeof(unsigned long), header.width*header.height, myFile) != header.width*header.height)		return FALSE;

If I turn optimizations off it works. If I turn them on it fails.
Advertisement
Release build means that Debug information is removed. You can experiment with the different levels of debug types. But this is the point of having a release build is that the code gets smaller and faster with a release build.

I have run into release issues in the past, and to fight this I have a target platform that is called "Near-Release" which has some basic debugging information in it.
Quote:Original post by Skoobydoo
Release build means that Debug information is removed. You can experiment with the different levels of debug types. But this is the point of having a release build is that the code gets smaller and faster with a release build.

I have run into release issues in the past, and to fight this I have a target platform that is called "Near-Release" which has some basic debugging information in it.

Yes, I know that it means it's removed, but VS isn't completely bug-free. I shouldn't have said "or vice versa", as I meant "and vice versa". (changed to reflect that).

Can you explain for the people what sort of settings you have in this Near-Release Build for those interested?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement