DirectXTimer (MDX)

Started by
2 comments, last by TheNobleOne 18 years, 7 months ago
I am working on the game example in Tom Miller's Kick Start book and it seems he uses a Utility object, and a DirectXTimer object in his code. I can't find either of thise in DX at all. I looked at his code that came with the book and it uses them and I have the same stuff referenced and using as he does. I was wondering if these were removed from MDX or are they there under a different name? If not it looks like I will be having to make a high res timer. as in 1ms timer.
My JournalComputer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter. (Eric Raymond)"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes itharder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."-- Bjarne Stroustrup
Advertisement
I have a pretty high resolution timer running. I can post the code, if you like. It might take a little modifying, but it seems to work quite decently for me.
The timer that you are looking for in located in the common framework that ships with the SDK, Have a look in the managed samples directory under the common directory, you will need to add the dxutmisc.cs from memory.

Also just a reminder that ZMan has release the updated code for the Managed DirectX Kickstart book on his site. The ZBuffer
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
Thanks a bunch lol the ZBuffer Utility.cs fixed my problems :P. You know they should make the timer actually part of DirectX it could reside in the Microsoft.DirectX namespace since it is common.
My JournalComputer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter. (Eric Raymond)"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes itharder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg."-- Bjarne Stroustrup

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement