A working .blend(er) to .X convertor?

Started by
4 comments, last by blood_vengeance 18 years, 7 months ago
My 3D modellor made me an AWESOME ship in blender. The ship(And his crate too) both rock, but are in blender format. I installed blender myself, and downloaded a .X convertor. I already noticed there were 2 convertors built-in, but for some reason, none of the convertors actually work. I then tried to convert to 3DS and hand the file over to a friend who has access to 3DS Max, but that didn't copy the texture, so I ended up with an un-textured thingy. Where can I find a proper convertor OR where can I find a plugin for max to import .blend files? Toolmaker

Advertisement
First, make sure you download the newest version of Blender (if possible).
Then, open your .blend file.
File->Package your textures and such.
Export->.x (DirectX) TO THE ROOT HARD DRIVE - LONG PATH NAMES CAUSE PROBLEMS. So use a filename like C:\a.x - you can always rename and move it later.
It didn't sound like you needed any animation, which is what the .X (DirectX 8) exporter is for, so don't bother with that. If you do need animation, use the same procedure as for the first exporter.

Hope that helps!
-------------Some hate God for putting thorns on roses, others praise God for putting roses on thorns.
I tried that, and I end up with a 106kb file, that doesn't load up in the DirectX model viewer.

I am using the latest blender version, but for the sake of it, I'll download it again.

Toolmaker

I'm having a similar problem, but I'm almost certain that it's a problem with Python.
That is about the only reason I rarely use it. :(
____________________________________Spazuh- Because I've had too much coffee
I managed to find someone else to convert it for me, and it works now. He said there were some errors in the material names and some subdiv surfaces he converted into normal meshes.

Toolmaker

when i try and convert a blend file it says something about python scripts

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement