windows applications in c#

Started by
6 comments, last by Drew_Benton 18 years, 7 months ago
hi! i was wondering, how would i add a color menu ( to change font color) and a save box (when clicked opens up directory list, and you can save it) to a windows application. I am using visual c# 2005 express beta..
Advertisement
There are a bunch of standard dialogs in C#. I think the save dialog is called FileSaveDialog or something along those lines.

I don't have a compiler handy right now, and I'm going to sleep aswell, but if you look through the docs for the FileSaveDialog, I bet you can find the color pickers.

I just looked it up on google, it's FileSaveDialog. It should be in your component box. To open files you can use, very surprisingly, FileOpenDialog.

Toolmaker

For the color take a look at this and then this other one (also includes the file save dialog).
is there any huge listing of resources that deal with application creation...
Quote:Original post by EmptyMinion
is there any huge listing of resources that deal with application creation...

Try the help files, they are pretty thorough themselves.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Yea, Google [wink] C# Tutorials or C# Programming tutorials. When you have a specific task you want to accomplish, then search for a phrase that best matches it in google in order to find useful information.

This listing is pretty nice.
i know about that, but i need a offline version because the computer im using is my labtop and it doesnt have a active internet connection... so i need to download resources and transfer them over to my labtop.
---Edit*--- no need to answer, im gonna try my luck with c++ since i tried to start it awhile ago but hadda stop for school reasons... O_o ... but anyway ill keep tryin this on my main comp.. but i think learnin c++ and C# at the same time will be mighty difficult ..

[Edited by - EmptyMinion on September 7, 2005 9:30:35 PM]
Quote:Original post by EmptyMinion
i know about that, but i need a offline version because the computer im using is my labtop and it doesnt have a active internet connection... so i need to download resources and transfer them over to my labtop.

File->Save Page As, then in the "Save as type" choose "Web Page complete" and viola! Portable web pages. (FireFox, for IE look for the MHT file extension type)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement