For those interested in basic genetic algorithms and ANNs

Started by
6 comments, last by Roboguy 18 years, 7 months ago
OK, some people on this site should have seen my username around. I'm not from the site I'm about to recommend at all. I've been posting lately about grappling with understanding the basics of ANNs and genetic algorithms, and how you would apply them. For example, I have wondered for a long time about how you would use an ANN to get a non 0-or-1 response, or how you might use one in a game. Or how you would use a genetic algorithm to "evolve" an equation. Well, its pretty common knowledge that this is complicated stuff, so I wanted to recommend a site called ai-junkie.com. They have a tutorial and example source for a game/simulation utilizing an ANN, and a tutorial (and I think source) for a program that uses a genetic algorithm to "evolve" an equation that equals some number you enter. After reading through the tutorials, I understood this stuff a *lot* better. Just thought I'd share the resource, seeing as there isn't an FAQ for this forum, and I see questions like this all the time, which often never produce any really good answers to questions of the uninitiated. There you go!
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Advertisement

Quote:Original post by silverphyre673
Well, its pretty common knowledge that this is complicated stuff, so I wanted to recommend a site called ai-junkie.com.

Rofl. Mat Buckland (fup) has been a long time contributor to this site. It's possible that some newer members to this forum haven't heard of his work on evolving neural-like architectures for Game-AI control.

I'm glad, as I'm sure Mat is, that you found his work useful and informative!

Cheers,

Timkin
Quote:Original post by Timkin
Rofl. Mat Buckland (fup) has been a long time contributor to this site.

Awesome! I've always known about that site and read some of the stuff the a long time ago, but I didn't know the author, fup, frequented these boards. [smile] (Probabally because I don't frequent this forum, but oh well) Anyways, I love that site too, when I get into AI that's definitly my first stop on the web.
Really? Well, OK. Then Mr. fup has my personal endorsement, me being an expert in AI, of course [grin] Thanks, guys. Hope it helps someone.
my siteGenius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration
Thanks for the thumbs up :)
Hmm, is it just me or is ai-junkie.com not working?
That will be you only...
as it works like a charm for me :D

keep up the good work fup, as I really love your site!
- Me
That's odd. The page is blank for me (other than the title). I tried it on every browser I have (Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, Safari, Camino, Links, Lynx, w3m and the OS X version of IE).

EDIT: Going directly to http://ai-junkie.com/ai-junkie.html works, but the main page doesn't.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement