return Type

Started by
24 comments, last by Anri 18 years, 7 months ago
Re: Estor.

Changing the topic slightly, could I ask why you have used the static keyword in the following line...

static node retVal;

...and in the other code snipet...

static node* retVal = new node;

I've never really found a use for the static keyword and just wondered why you have used it in the way you have.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

Advertisement
hey dont hijack my thread please, I really need help with this topic, thanks.
I (and others) have told you several times already: you must track the information ("which thing is pointed to") separately by yourself.
ok I got it to work, thanks for the help guys.

[Edited by - Ksingh30 on September 22, 2005 1:53:25 AM]
Quote:Original post by Anri

Changing the topic slightly, could I ask why you have used the static keyword in the following line...

static node retVal;

...and in the other code snipet...

I've never really found a use for the static keyword and just wondered why you have used it in the way you have.

Ouch.... sorry that was copy/paste bug [smile] in second code there shold not be static keyword

this

shold be
node* retVal = new node;

Thanks for pointing that out, Anri
"The Gods Made Heavy Metal And They Saw That It Was Good They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell We Promised That We WouldWhen Losers Say Its Over With You Know That It's A Lie The Gods Made Heavy Metal And It's Never Gonna Die"THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL/by ManOwaR

Aww, shucks - I thought you were going to teach me some earth-shattering concept! ^_^

Re: Ksingh30.

Sorry Dad.

Languages; C, Java. Platforms: Android, Oculus Go, ZX Spectrum, Megadrive.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement