VC++ Debug/Release Differences?

Started by
4 comments, last by Nickolay_Smirnov 18 years, 6 months ago
If written a programm using QT to display a GUI with an OpenGL box. In this OpenGL box I'm drawing a tree using cylinder shaped objects build with Triangle Strips. Everything works fine using the debug version. But if i switch to the release version everything in the OpenGL window is out of propotion. The cylinder objects are much longer than before. They still have the same thickness and the leaves also have the correct size. So everything looks very wierd. Any idea?
Advertisement
First thing, that came to my mind, is that, when you set your project in Debug version and then switch to Release, you'll have to add lib files in Link folder of project settings again. Maybe something must be changed except that.
Cogito ergo sum (Descartes)
in debug mode variables are initalised to zero, in release mode they arent, chances are you've missed a variable initalisation somewhere, recheck your code [smile]
Set your warning level to 4 and fix everything you can from your code, that should show up any variables you dont initialise.
Where can I set my warning level to 4? I'm quite new to Visual Studio.
Quote:Original post by SKerner
Where can I set my warning level to 4? I'm quite new to Visual Studio.

Go to Project -> Settings. There, on list C/C++ you'll find warning level. By default it is 3.
Cogito ergo sum (Descartes)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement