Poser Like Characters for Game (4k polys?)

Started by
2 comments, last by sunandshadow 18 years, 5 months ago
Greetings! I was wondering, is there any package out there, that would be able to produce poser like characters with some props mor suitable for games? I am thinking about karate suits, ninjas, soldiers and souch stuff in about 4K triangles. Does something like that exist? Is there a plugin for poser or perhaps a model pack that suits my needs?
Advertisement
no, poser is a one of a kind program as far as its ease of making humans go. an alternative is to use poser and then export the model into a 3d program like max and use the multi-res modifier. or use some poly lowering progam. but this would make it time consuming and you would most likely run into problems.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
If you have some patience, the MakeHuman project will have an alpha release soon.
It used to be a Blender script to generate people but they are making it a stand alone app.
I don't know what formats it will export too, but there are plenty of converters out there.
There are some character and prop packs available for Torque, but they're not as good as poser.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement