glsl projective shader

Started by
5 comments, last by Black Knight 18 years, 5 months ago
Im trying to use projective texturing with glsl but I have a problem. Here is the screenshot screenshot As you can see there are black parts in the water they are over the edges of the water mesh. I draw the water with vertex arrays and use triangle strips. Here are the shaders. //Vertex shader varying vec4 ProjTexCoord; void main() { mat4 MR; gl_Position = ftransform(); gl_TexCoord[0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0; MR=mat4(0.5,0.0,0.0,0.0, 0.0,0.5,0.0,0.0, 0.0,0.0,0.5,0.0, 0.5,0.5,0.5,1.0); ProjTexCoord=(MR*gl_ModelViewProjectionMatrix)*gl_Vertex; } //fragment shader uniform sampler2D tex0; uniform sampler2D tex1; varying vec4 ProjTexCoord; void main() { vec4 color; vec4 colProj; color = texture2D(tex0, gl_TexCoord[0].xy); colProj = texture2DProj(tex1, ProjTexCoord); color = color * colProj; gl_FragColor = color; }
Advertisement
When i put the reflection texture into texture unit 0 it works but if its in the 1.st unit it doesnt O_O.
I dont know why that happens.
what is your sampler setup code?
This is how i draw the water surface.
The RTT texture is in unit 0 and it works this way.
glPushAttrib(GL_ENABLE_BIT);	glVertexPointer(3,GL_FLOAT,0,m_pVertices);		//glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);	//glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);	//glTexCoordPointer(2,GL_FLOAT,0,m_pTexCoords);		glClientActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);	glEnableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);	glTexCoordPointer(2,GL_FLOAT,0,m_pTexCoords);	//glDisableClientState(GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY);	glDisableClientState(GL_NORMAL_ARRAY);	//If we are over the water surface draw the water with projective texturing	if(pCamera->getPosition().y>m_vPosition.y){				if(m_bDrawReflection){			glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);			glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);		}		glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);			glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);		glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D,m_iTextureName[(int)m_fCurrentTexture]);		if(m_bDrawReflection){			glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);			glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);			glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D,m_iRTextureName);		}				GLfloat remapMatrix[] = {0.5,0.0,0.0,0.0,								0.0,0.5,0.0,0.0,								0.0,0.0,0.5,0.0,								 0.5,0.5,0.5,1.0};				glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);		float Mproj[16],Mview[16];		glGetFloatv(GL_MODELVIEW_MATRIX,Mview);		glGetFloatv(GL_PROJECTION_MATRIX,Mproj);		glMatrixMode(GL_TEXTURE);		{			glLoadMatrixf(remapMatrix);			glMultMatrixf(Mproj);			glMultMatrixf(Mview);											}		glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);					int count = m_iSize<<1;		for(int i=0;i<m_iSize-1;i++)			glDrawElements(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP,count,GL_UNSIGNED_INT,&m_pIndices[(i*(m_iSize))<<1]);				glMatrixMode(GL_TEXTURE);		glLoadIdentity();				glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);		glActiveTextureARB(GL_TEXTURE0_ARB);

I active the shader before i draw the water :
m_PerPixel.use(ST_TRUE);//set shader texm_PerPixel.setInt(m_PerPixel.getVariable("tex0"),1);m_PerPixel.setInt(m_PerPixel.getVariable("tex1"),0);if(m_pWater)//m_pWater->draw(pCamera);   m_pWater->drawShaders(pCamera);m_PerPixel.use(ST_FALSE);

drawShaders is the function above.

And these are the working shaders
varying vec4 ProjTexCoord;void main(){	gl_Position = ftransform();		gl_TexCoord[1] = gl_MultiTexCoord1;	ProjTexCoord = gl_TextureMatrix[0] * gl_Vertex;	gl_FrontColor = vec4(1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0);}uniform sampler2D tex0;uniform sampler2D tex1;varying vec4 ProjTexCoord;const vec4 ambient = vec4(0.13), boost = vec4(1.06);void main(){  vec4 color   = texture2D(tex0, gl_TexCoord[1].st);  vec4 reflectionValue = texture2DProj(tex1, ProjTexCoord);      gl_FragColor = boost * color * reflectionValue + ambient; }

But if I change the reflection from texture unit 0 to 1 and do all changes.I get the Image in screenshot.Black lines over the water surface other than that everything looks normal

[Edited by - phantom on November 6, 2005 7:34:10 PM]
Thnx for the formatting :P
Hmmm does calling texture2d() affect the other texture2dProj() in the fragment shader??I guess it shouldn't but yesterday when I commented it out the output was different.Maybe it was just my dead eyes I dunno...
Ok not it works in texture unit 1 too but I had to remove my varying variable for that and use the gl_TexCoord[1] like this

varying vec4 ProjTexCoord;void main(){	gl_Position = ftransform();		gl_TexCoord[0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0;	gl_TexCoord[1] = gl_TextureMatrix[1] * gl_Vertex;	//ProjTexCoord = gl_TextureMatrix[1] * gl_Vertex;;		gl_FrontColor = vec4(1.0,1.0,1.0,1.0);}uniform sampler2D base;uniform sampler2D reflection;varying vec4 ProjTexCoord;const vec4 ambient = vec4(0.13), boost = vec4(1.06);void main(){  vec4 color   = vec4(texture2D(base, gl_TexCoord[0].st));  vec4 reflectionValue = vec4(texture2DProj(reflection, gl_TexCoord[1]));  gl_FragColor = boost * reflectionValue  + ambient; }

Instead of gl_TexCoord[1] if I use ProjTexCoord it has those black artifacts in the screen shot O_O
Hi Again :|
I want to disturb the reflections in the fragment shader by using another texture.
Here are the shaders :
varying vec4 ProjTexCoord;void main(){	gl_Position = ftransform();			gl_TexCoord[1] = gl_TextureMatrix[1] * gl_Vertex;	ProjTexCoord = gl_TextureMatrix[1] * gl_Vertex;	gl_TexCoord[0] = gl_MultiTexCoord0;			gl_FrontColor = gl_Color;}varying vec4 ProjTexCoord;uniform sampler2D base;uniform sampler2D reflection;const vec4 ambient = vec4(0.13), boost = vec4(1.06);void main(){	vec4 color = vec4(texture2D(base, gl_TexCoord[0].st));	vec4 dist = vec4(0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0);	dist.x = color.x * 20.0 + gl_TexCoord[1].s;	dist.y = gl_TexCoord[1].t;	dist.z = color.z * 20.0 +gl_TexCoord[1].r;	dist.w = gl_TexCoord[1].q;		//vec4 reflectionValue = vec4(texture2DProj(reflection, gl_TexCoord[1]));	vec4 reflectionValue = vec4(texture2DProj(reflection, dist));		gl_FragColor = boost * reflectionValue  + ambient;	gl_FragColor.a = gl_Color.a;}

And here is how it looks like :(
Screen Shot

If a remove the *20.0 then the black artifacts go away but the reflections is very calm.Im sure color is between 0.0-1.0.But if I add too much to dist.x the reflections get black artifacts.
Any help?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement