One Week/One Button 2 Winners: Trapper Zoid and scgrn

Started by
587 comments, last by d000hg 18 years, 5 months ago
If you have any screenshots, you can start posting them in the thread.

After a couple of hours' hacking I have the Sloplifter game:
The background scrolls repeatedly, like Scooby Doo

I can't "enter" but I'll provide the game, because this is a fun contest. [grin] How's everyone else doing?
Advertisement
I have a menu.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

So you have a 7-day game, then I lose a whole day because you can't be bothered to check you got the date right? You release the theme a whole day early so all the people who were organised are probably penalised as they wouldn't check early.

Thanks.

And perhaps you would consider clarifying how we submit our entries?

Sorry for seeming rude but it's bad enough 4E4 changing the rules secretly without finding I've missed 1/7 of my development time - well more like 1/2 since a weekend day is REALLY valuable to us with jobs and now I lost one.
Quote:Original post by capn_midnight
I have a menu.

I have an empty window. The title changes :D

Oh, and I made some mods to PI
Quote:<Mushu> sweet, PropaneInjector now has support for colorkeys
<Thor> ohhh shit yes
<Thor> so i no longer have to write an app to add transparency to my shitty ms paint graphics?

[Edited by - Mushu on November 13, 2005 12:00:01 PM]
Quote:Original post by d000hg
So you have a 7-day game, then I lose a whole day because you can't be bothered to check you got the date right? You release the theme a whole day early so all the people who were organised are probably penalised as they wouldn't check early.

Thanks.

And perhaps you would consider clarifying how we submit our entries?

Sorry for seeming rude but it's bad enough 4E4 changing the rules secretly without finding I've missed 1/7 of my development time - well more like 1/2 since a weekend day is REALLY valuable to us with jobs and now I lost one.

Rrr. I'm sorry. I'll allow one day of late extension if necessary. You send it to me via email: ravuya (at) gmail.com -- make sure to rename .zip, etc entries to .zip.xyz because GMail seems to think that it should protect me from viruses.
Quote:Original post by Mushu
I have a menu.

<Thor> ohhh shit yes
<Thor> so i no longer have to write an app to add transparency to my shitty ms paint graphics?

I have a chainsaw now, and it makes noise.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I have some questions about the score:

- What is important? Art, graphics, speed, and/or creativity?
- Will submitting the source give a better chance of winning, if it does will "good" source get an even higher chance?
- Will making the game cross-platform improve your score?

Also will the winner (not because I expect to even have a chance) be able to choose between the two prizes or will (s)he just get the graphics card?
Quote:Original post by Mushu
I have a menu.

<Thor> ohhh shit yes

I have a chainsaw now, and it makes noise.

I have a tree now, and it does nothing :(

The title of the window still changes though
What the hell kinde theme is that? [vomit]
Don't Temp Fate..
Quote:Original post by CTar
I have some questions about the score:

- What is important? Art, graphics, speed, and/or creativity?
- Will submitting the source give a better chance of winning, if it does will "good" source get an even higher chance?
- Will making the game cross-platform improve your score?

Also will the winner (not because I expect to even have a chance) be able to choose between the two prizes or will (s)he just get the graphics card?

1. If it's fun to play, I score it highly. Making me laugh or chuckle with glee (for example, being able to chainsaw lots of things) makes it more fun.
2. I don't care about source.
3. It would be nice but I won't bump up the score any, some other judges may.

As for the two prizes, I have to ask EDI if he will donate another copy of MW, if so the first prize will be a copy of MW and a Rad9600. If you don't want the 9600, you can of course opt to have it given to another entry. More on this later.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement