🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Please critique my resume

Started by
20 comments, last by nickvbs 18 years, 6 months ago
Oh, forgot.

Here's a list of things that were changed:
- Added high school under education
- Removed hobbies and interests
- Added better descriptions of jobs under the places that I had worked
- Fixed the English mistakes
- Revised the description of application interface programs
- Reversed the order of Bobby Price and Lynn Pilkington under references. Still thinking of more references that I am going to add. As for Bobby Price, I have done technical work for him so that's why he's on the list.

Eleventy

Advertisement
I take on projects quite frequently at rentacoder. I have never worked for anyone before and I'm still working on my degree. If you want to get jobs off RAC, best thing to do is take on a few easy projects such as data entry or something cheap to get your rating up. Under my RAC resume I only include my expertise..nothing personal or my experience (Completed projects stand in for your experience). After completing about 15 jobs or so and if they are all rated high..you can get labeled as a 'Top Coder.' I get about 3-5 project invitations a week now that I'm labeled 'Top Coder'. You should check out the game development section as well, I've designed a few small games for people at RAC for good money!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement