UI in D3D game

Started by
4 comments, last by Dave Hunt 18 years, 5 months ago
I almost finish a D3D game .but I want to add UI so I can do more convenient control. where is good UI link or tutorial? I do not need complex UI. I just want a simple UI that can receive a data like a string a float etc... thanks.
Advertisement
Check out the CustomUI sample in the SDK. It covers what you asked for and it's very easy to program with.

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

I am also going to start UI for my directX project.But I do not want to use DirectX's framework...
Is there any way for creating UI in DirectX?
wake up your sleepin' brains...
There is a series of articles here that may be of some help. Other than that one, I haven't been able to find any decent tutorials on-line. You might be able to get some ideas by studying other GUI frameworks, such as the one included with the SDK, Crazy Eddie's GUI (CEGUI), etc. HGE, which has just gone opensource, has a fairly simple GUI as well.
Seems like i might be able to sort a few peoples problems when i finish my GUI!
If you're familiar with OpenGL, you might have a look at JavaCoolDude's OpenGL GUI. It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to port this to D3D.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement