My game: 3D Space Shooter(updated 04/12/2006)

Started by
10 comments, last by xDS4Lx 18 years, 4 months ago
I want to show a game that I'm working on. It's a 3D space shooter (star fox clone). The game is in a very very early stage yet, right now there is only a ship. I'm making the models with blender and then I export it to my own model format. The model and skin are not finished yet, this is just a little preview. Well, if anybody want to try it here is: (Updated 04/12/2006) http://www.geocities.com/martin_bfg10k/3dshooter.zip [Edited by - martin_bfg10k on April 12, 2006 10:01:58 AM]
Advertisement
Holy ****, that's... awesome. The motion looks so natural; how'd you get it to do that? Model is quite nice, too.

Wow, the things I wish I could do... -_____- Good luck with that game, man.
"For sweetest things turn sour'st by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds."- William Shakespere, Sonnet 94
Yeah, it's really smooth. I get 900~1000 fps.
Looks nice. It runs steadily at 1650 fps on my machine.

The movement transitions are nice and stable. If you want to get even smoother rotations you could use cubic interpolation between the start angle and the end angle. Then you would also get rid of the jerk-stop when the ship reaches its rotational endpoints.

Anyway, keep up the good work. [smile]
Hack my projects! Oh Yeah! Use an SVN client to check them out.BlockStacker
The animation is great. I have a few problems with the controls though.
When you press left the ship goes left, if you then press right while holding left the ship stops. In an action game it would probably be better to go right and ignore the fact that the left key is still pressed?
Also I can move the ship upwards while holding left and right but not downwards :S
Great smooth movement! :)
I like the star fox feel which you are going for

Runs at about 2500 fps here.
Specs:

Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz
768mb RAM
Nvidia GeForceFX 5900 128mb
Best regards, Omid
Hi again :) Thanks for the replys.
Here is a litle update, this time I added asteroids, but no collision detection yet.
But the most important, this time I added the source too, so anybody can see it and compile, but I must warn the the source is a mess, browse at your own risk ;). There is a linux binary too, compiled in Ubunu linux, so I dunno if this will work on other linuxes. But if not, you can compile it :)
Well, if anybody look at the source and want to make sugestion, please tell me!

The link: http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=10XDGGFBK5LC71TMBGB7QG8376

[Edited by - martin_bfg10k on December 22, 2005 3:02:51 PM]
At first your game didn't work for me, I only got lots of random colored garbage on the screen. However, as you supplied the source and it was quite easy to follow I took the liberty to find out why. It turned out you forgot to initalize the rotation of the second half of the asteroids (In your second for-loop, line 65 in level1.cpp). You might want to add somthing like this:
tempObject->ax=0;
tempObject->ay=0;
tempObject->az=0;

Besides that, I like the ships movement, really smooth and good-looking.

I got about 1000 fps on Linux, 256 Mb RAM, Athlon XP 2100+, Geforce 6600GT
Wow! Thanks a lot __filip. That was a weird bug, in some pc the game did run fine, but in some pc it flickered a lot.
Well, after xmas and new year party, I'll make more updates for the game.
impressive! and like everyone else said that frame rate and especially the animation is smooooooooooooooooooooooooooth. keep up the great work. Happy Holidays!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement