need suggestions with console apps and boredom

Started by
2 comments, last by Rubiks14 18 years, 4 months ago
anybody got any suggestions on how to make console apps not seem so boring...i mean i wanna learn to program and i understand almost everything i've attempted to learn it's just that console apps are so boring that i just end up quitting and coming back later only to quit again...any ideas would be helpful because i really wanna learn how to program and i know once i get good enough to like make graphics and stuff like that it won't be so bad.
Advertisement
You might want to give some indication of what you currently know and have attempted to learn. If graphics are what you want to do, take a look at SDL. If you think SDL is too advanced for you, I'd suggest getting a book on whatever language it is you're learning.
:stylin: "Make games, not war.""...if you're doing this to learn then just study a modern C++ compiler's implementation." -snk_kid
Why not start doing graphics then? I hear that SDL is one of the best things to start with. I'm presuming you know at least a bit of c++ or something? The disadvantage with this of course is that you would have the overhead of learning a graphics package at the same time as learning to program, but I think a lot of people have probably done that as well.
ok i'm learning C++ i have some programming expierence in blitz basic and i have "Beggining C++ Game Programming" and i've read through chap. 3...so i know basic I/O, variables, strings, loops, if statements, random numbers and a couple other things as well as the basic concept of some other things. i really want to stick with c++ i just need something that will keep me focused

EDIT: i guess i'll finish my book and go on to sdl bc that doesn't look too hard and looks kinda fun

[Edited by - Rubiks14 on December 4, 2005 1:57:56 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement