Ok, so I'm a new artist... what should I get?

Started by
43 comments, last by GameDev.net 18 years, 4 months ago
Thanks everyone.

As for the level building, I'm going to use giles and/or deleD.
I'll probably use Blender or something similiar for the models.

I just don't know where to start with building a level
A true American.One who supports his government.Is ambitious, successful, and hardworking.The direct definition of a conservative... the ones who actually get stuff done in this country.Long live Americans.
Advertisement
i am also interesting in what modelling software to use for level design. i wish to make levels similar to spyro the dragon. ie cartoon, simple, but elegant.
i don't understand this idea that you need s specific modeling program for a certain visual look.... why do you think that? any modeling program can handle any and all visual styles, its just up to the artist as to what things look like. any modeling program can handle both models and level design, anything visual should be able to be handled in any one modeling program (unless its a sucky modeling program of course)
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Milkshape = Easy but limited, very limited.

Rhino = too many controls, but extremely powerful

My take on those, but not an extremely experienced moddeler, but have toyed with it.
"Chaos is the score upon which reality is written." - Henry Miller.http://emn1ty.deviantart.com
I use MilkShape and have a lot of success with it. It's very basic however, but easily worth the $35.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement