Wow, Americans are against climate talks?

Started by
102 comments, last by LessBread 18 years, 4 months ago
"Bill Hare, climate director of environmental group Greenpeace said the Canadian proposal was "anodyne, almost meaningless" and accused Ottawa of lowering ambitions too far in a vain drive to enlist Washington."

So, now that Washington isn't coming...

You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by CoffeeMug
Quote:Original post by Pouya
Why would you still go against reducing the greenhouse effects if you were the one who is suffering from it the most?

Who exactly is 'you'?

It's a figure of speech. When I say something like "People are buying bottle water for $10 each; why would you pay for that so much?" I'm not pointing the question at the person I'm talking to...

Did you know that 90% of Dutch teenagers speak fluent English, but only 80% of American teenagers can speak English fluently?
I have another solution to this problem. I know that if I say global warming is stupid that I will be flamed to death. So I will not say that. I will, however, suggest that we raze all the countries to the ground that participate in the "Scientific discusions". I'm sure some of them are contributing to the greenhouse gasses. If we eliminate all of them then total gasses will be reduced to 25% of the original estimate. (Someone said the US contribed 25% or some geighness...)

EDIT: We can spare Canada though. They can be cool when they aren't complete retards...
thats because we don't speak english, we speak american
Quote:Original post by curtmax_0
I have another solution to this problem. I know that if I say global warming is stupid that I will be flamed to death. So I will not say that. I will, however, suggest that we raze all the countries to the ground that participate in the "Scientific discusions". I'm sure some of them are contributing to the greenhouse gasses. If we eliminate all of them then total gasses will be reduced to 25% of the original estimate. (Someone said the US contribed 25% or some geighness...)

EDIT: We can spare Canada though. They can be cool when they aren't complete retards...

You have trouble with Iraq. It's not like you're to be feared, heh. Well, beside that whole "Our politicians are crazy and wouldn't think twice before nuking the whole globe despite the fact that we'd be dead too" thing.
I teleported home one night; With Ron and Sid and Meg; Ron stole Meggie's heart away; And I got Sydney's leg. <> I'm blogging, emo style
No no no... we are only having trouble in Iraq because we are fscking about...

Razing a place to the ground wouldn't be hard. Hell, you wouldn't even need nukes. Just get some bombers up and carpet bomb away..

(I do hope none of you actually *think* that I'm serious about my solution btw...)

(Well.. maybe a bit serious)
No no no... we are only having trouble in Iraq because we are fscking about...

Razing a place to the ground wouldn't be hard. Hell, you wouldn't even need nukes. Just get some bombers up and carpet bomb away..

(I do hope none of you actually *think* that I'm serious about my solution btw...)

(Well.. maybe a bit serious)

I have a better idea, actually. Every few years, lets get a giant piece of ice from space and drop it in the ocean, thus solving global warming.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
(...)my solution(...)

It sounds an awful lot like someone else's "solution."
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Quote:Original post by jfclavette
You have trouble with Iraq. It's not like you're to be feared, heh. Well, beside that whole "Our politicians are crazy and wouldn't think twice before nuking the whole globe despite the fact that we'd be dead too" thing.

Actually the problem in Iraq is that they're trying to rebuild the country. It's actually a good thing, as in, it makes up for the terrible destruction in there, but people just won't get along.
His "solution" will eliminate all of the people, including the ones who weren't getting along.
Quote:Original post by wizardpc
i thought that i might add to all the anti-americans in this post. STOP FARTING!

Methane comes out of you when you pass gas which hurts our ozone layer. O yea there is methane pits under the ocean that produce alot of methane (can't remember from my geology class) Needless to say its alot, and the planet is doomed anyway.

with that said, any polution is bad. and everyone lay of the HATE USA Bandwagon. Chances are if your country had a natural disaster we would be there helping, cleanning up.

Yeah we would. So?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement