Render to texture problem... help please...

Started by
0 comments, last by DrunkenHyena 18 years, 4 months ago
Ok, my problem is with texture rendering and multisampling. I would like to render to a texture with multisampling but no matter what I try, I can’t seem to get a render target with multisampling. My hardware supports multisampling (GeForce6) but CreateRenderTarget always fails if I have any form of multisampling. Also, how does one use a surface created with CreateRenderTarget as a texture? Since the surface is not part of a texture, GetContainer always failes. Can this only be done by copying the render target surface to a texture surface? Without multisampling, I just render to a texture surface created with the render target flag and that works fine. Apparently, texture can’t be created with multisampling enabled (guess that makes sense).
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Scythen
Ok, my problem is with texture rendering and multisampling.

I would like to render to a texture with multisampling but no matter what I try, I can’t seem to get a render target with multisampling. My hardware supports multisampling (GeForce6) but CreateRenderTarget always fails if I have any form of multisampling.

What does the debug output say?

Quote:
Also, how does one use a surface created with CreateRenderTarget as a texture?
Since the surface is not part of a texture, GetContainer always failes.
Can this only be done by copying the render target surface to a texture surface?

Without multisampling, I just render to a texture surface created with the render target flag and that works fine. Apparently, texture can’t be created with multisampling enabled (guess that makes sense).

A surface is not the same as a texture, so a surface cannot be used as a texture. Your options are to copy the surface to a texture, or create a texture with the render target flag.
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement