Strange Error when generating Mesh from Vertexbuffer

Started by
-1 comments, last by Nukleon 18 years, 4 months ago
Hello together. As part of my terrain code i created a terrain from a heightmap. it all works and renders fine. now i convert the vertex and index buffer to a mesh. when i render the mesh i only see dots of black rectangles which follow the terrain drawn by DrawPrimitive. This black triangles form a pattern like ......../\....... /| |\...../| |.|\/|.......|\/|. The strange thing is, that they seem to follow the heightmap, but som triangles are missing. and they are not textured or materialed.

public Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Mesh GetMesh(ref Device dev)
	{
                mesh = new Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Mesh(m_numIndices-2, m_numVerts*3, MeshFlags.Dynamic,  CustomVertex.PositionTextured.Format  , dev);  

mesh.SetVertexBufferData(m_verts,LockFlags.None );
		mesh.SetIndexBufferData(m_indices, LockFlags.None);  
		int[] adjacency = new int[mesh.NumberFaces * 3];  
		mesh.GenerateAdjacency(0.1f, adjacency);  
		//mesh.ComputeNormals(adjacency);  
		Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Mesh tempMesh = mesh.Clone(mesh.Options.Value,mesh.VertexFormat | VertexFormats.Normal,dev);
		tempMesh.ComputeNormals(adjacency);
		mesh.Dispose();
		mesh = tempMesh;  
		mesh.OptimizeInPlace(MeshFlags.OptimizeVertexCache, adjacency);  
		m_material = new Material();  
		m_material.Diffuse = Color.Green;  
		return mesh;

Can Anyone help? [EDIT] the triangles get textured correctly if i switch lighting explicitly off. but there are still those pattern and not every triangle drawn. Im orienting myself after Chads Tutorials at C-Unit [EDIT2] After setting the CullMode to Cull.None i get the same pattern inverted and a bit offset. Now i seem to understand it. Every second row of my TriangleStrip is not rendered by Mesh.DrawSubset(). But it is rendered by DrawIndexedPrimitive() [Edited by - Nukleon on December 19, 2005 6:53:27 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement