Roadclub Final Alpha Released! (Top-down Racer)

Started by
5 comments, last by Lightstrike 18 years, 3 months ago
Hello devers anyone remember Roadclub, the racing project formely known as Street Cars from the forums a year ago? Well, we're back with a brand new, way cooler alpha demo. And this is the last major alpha release, next time it's beta and everything should be there. Still there's no release date and we're aiming for a summer beta release but you know how it is. For everyone who haven't heard about it, it's the most fun and advanced top down-racer ever made! Check out the screenshots below and read on more about it at the Solid Core Site. And don't forget to download the demo at the same page. Please consider posting feedback, specs, framerates and suggestions after you've played. And most importantly, have fun! Roadclub Final Alpha screenshots
Advertisement
Yes I still remember, and wow, the screeenshots look very cool and professional. Good job!
Checking in.
Can't remember if I know this game or your last one but it looks good. Is this one using proper physics, in a 2D world?

Am downloading the demo as I speak. Will try it at home and get back to you.
Yes, the cars have a complete physics model from individual tires up to engine, clutch and drag and downforce. And there's lots of objects in the world that reacts realisticly to impact. In the career mode which is not available yet, there will be several arcade upgradable areas but lots of special upgrades as well all having an impact on the cars behaviour. The cars also behave much differently depending on drivetype (FWD, RWD, AWD), distance between wheelbases, grip, engine, weight, center of gravity and several other factors. This is one of the things making the game unique for 2D-racing.
I can't get to play it. I get the 'create profile screen' and I create a profile - the picture appears with my name on the bottom-left of the screen - but I can't select the profile into the bottom-right box and every time I try to carry on it says something like "select a profile". There are no buttons next to my profile so what do I click on - maybe they are there but not displayed?

I have a GF2MX card in this PC with DX9.0c - do I need shaders for it to work?
Thats weird, well I know that screen is non-userfriendly but it should work nonetheless. All you have to do is write your name, click create profile and then accept. That has never failed me. Don't know what you did different.

Geforce 2 mx works. Might be on the low-end side but it works.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement