Drawing Resources

Started by
11 comments, last by tappytap 8 years, 8 months ago

Loomis eBooks (Recommended)
FineArt

General Drawing
Ten-Minute Drawing Techniques (video tutorials) tenminutedrawing.blogspot.com/index.html
Portrait tutorial www.portrait-artist.org/face/profile.html
Free Art Lessons www.artgraphica.net/free-art-lessons/free-art-lessons.htm
Pencile Sketching elfwood.lysator.liu.se/farp/sketching/sketching.html
Drawsketch - Collection of drawing tips, techniques and "how to" articles drawsketch.about.com
Conceptart.org www.conceptart.org
Series of articles in Animation World Magazine mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=Columns&column=vilppu

Perspective
A very complete article about perspective handprint.com/HP/WCL/tech10.html
Drawing In One-Point Perspective www.olejarz.com/arted/perspective
Perspective Drawing Tutorial mathforum.org/sum95/math_and/perspective/perspect.html

Anime&Manga
http://www.mangatutorials.com/tutorials-by-rio/
drawsketch.about.com/od/animemanga
animeworld.com/
www.mangapunk.com/main.html (Possible dead link)
www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html
omu.kuiki.net/about.shtml
members.tripod.com/anime_queens/drawing.html

Cartoon
Cartoons Forum

Also check the Tutorials & Downloads thread -Fenryl [Edited 2007 by - Fenryl on May 31, 10:33:20 AM]

Advertisement
A couple to add as well:

gfxartist.com tuts

conceptart.org forums -- you'll have to browse around for a while, but lots of great info there.

Scott
Newfound Room -- Open your mind to open content.
Quote:Original post by scotths
A couple to add as well:

gfxartist.com tuts

conceptart.org forums -- you'll have to browse around for a while, but lots of great info there.

Scott

Updated, thanks [smile]

[Edited by - Fenryl on August 30, 2006 5:26:55 AM]
i vote this be stickied.
dropping note to mod.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i vote this be stickied.
dropping note to mod.

That would be great.
Or what about a link to this thread in the Tutorials & Downloads sticky?

-Fenryl

[Edited by - Fenryl on August 30, 2006 5:38:36 AM]
I have returned!

Heh. At your request, I've linked to this in my "Tutorials and Downloads" post. You'll find it under the drawing section.
Stuckified.

Kult House - Fresh Production Media

Quote:Original post by Veovis
I have returned!

Heh. At your request, I've linked to this in my "Tutorials and Downloads" post. You'll find it under the drawing section.

Quote:Original post by Salsa
Stuckified.

Heh, thank you Veovis and Salsa.

[Edited by - Fenryl on August 30, 2006 5:47:09 AM]
Hey does anybody know of an anatomical reference for a pudgy male? I need one and I can't find one. [sad]

Also please feel free to list my free anime-style blueprints for 3D modellers who want to start learning how to model humans:
anime-style nude male blueprint
hairstyles to accompany this blueprint
anime-style nude female blueprint

Note: these blueprints are copyright free, but sunandshadow would like to be notified if you use or rehist one. [smile]

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Hi All

My apologies if I come across as positively old, but all artists should read this book.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Drawn-Life-Classes-Stanchfield-Lectures/dp/0240810961/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390314711&sr=8-1&keywords=drawn+to+life

Being a good artist is foremost about being a good observer, this book is the most comprehensive guide on how to begin training your eyes and mind to see. Its content is geared towards animation but the theory applies to everything.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement