[MDX] Managed DirectX Debugging

Started by
13 comments, last by sirob 18 years, 3 months ago
Yeah, you seem to be missing some options there [wink] I've doublechecked if there are any differences in the compiler command line, but they seem to be exactly the same both with and without unmanaged debugging. So it seems the unmanaged debug 'listener' is indeed missing from the Express edition. Maybe you could use the debugger in the C++ Express Edition to listen for unmanaged debug messages, but that would be quite a hassle.

I'm currently evaluating Team Studio, but I *guess* a basic feature like this should also be available in the Standard Edition.
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
Advertisement
Thanks for your help. I find it silly that Microsoft promote Visual Express Edition for Game Developper hobbists (eg, Coding4Fun) and don't even integrate an option that allows DirectX Debugging. Now I'm stuck with a very generic "GraphicsException", and no way to trace what is happening.

Btw, gratz for MDX Info, it's a great site!
--------------------------------David Hart
Hate to change the subject, I just saw in your image David, that you have the option to select the current "Configuration" (debug/retail builds). I am completely missing that option.

Did you enable it in some way, somewhere?

btw, that is a shot from VC# 2005 Express Edition, right?
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.
Yes, it's an option you have to enable, it is not there by default. Go to "Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > Show advanced build configurations". And indeed you are right, the shot comes from VC# 2005 Express Edition.
--------------------------------David Hart
Cool, thanks, I'll be sure to enable that. I've been looking for that, and even kSquared asked about that ;).
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement