Microsoft DirectX SDK Updated (Feb 2006)

Started by
65 comments, last by jollyjeffers 18 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Original post by wxb1
Is the .net framwork 2.0 automatically loaded when you install vista?
I installed 5308 last night, and then VSTS this morning and it reported that the .Net 2.0 prerequisite was already installed. I would take that as meaning that .Net 2.0 is a basic component in Windows Vista...

Cheers,
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by jollyjeffers
I installed 5308 last night

Ah! Lucky you - I am still trying to get it downloaded. The first time, it hung at 55% (note that it was at 35kb/s that time [sick]). The second time, it hung at 99%. Yay!
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Quote:Original post by circlesoft
I installed 5308 last night

Ah! Lucky you - I am still trying to get it downloaded.
It's probably worth baring in mind that (in a similar way to 5270) it took several attempts to install and finally resorting to forms of magic before it actually worked [lol]

The second time, it hung at 99%.
Ouch! I tend to get violent urges when things crash out at 99%...

Jack

Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Ouch! I tend to get violent urges when things crash out at 99%...

Yes...I just tried again, but 'Suspended' and then 'Unsuspended', and it finished correctly. Now, I just have to install it *holds in the laughter*
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Now, I just have to install it *holds in the laughter*
It's worth it when you (finally) get it working. I've had a bit of time to play with it now and I'm starting to warm to it. From 5231->5270 was almost like a totally new OS (5270 actually worked!!), but from 5270->5308 feels like a more solid and refined version...

Jack

Hey guys has anybody run into any wierd errors when you installed the SDK? I keep getting an error about short on memory which I know I'm not or a corrupt cabinet file. I tried redownloading it 3 times now.

DarcMagik

Darcmagik

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote:Original post by darcmagik
Hey guys has anybody run into any wierd errors when you installed the SDK? I keep getting an error about short on memory which I know I'm not or a corrupt cabinet file. I tried redownloading it 3 times now.
I've downloaded it once and installed it three times now. No errors at all.

Can't really suggest anything further, so:

What is the exact error message? When does it appear (during copying of files, or during the initial configuration)? What are the details of your system - which OS, how much (free) RAM, how much free space on your system and target drive(s)?

Jack

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement