Hey all!

Started by
1 comment, last by Ravuya 18 years, 1 month ago
Hello , Just wondering if anyone can recomend some reading material or sites i can look at to learn more about game programming I need to learn as much as i can, graphics, AI. Currently the language Im learning is C++. Is there anything else I should learn? and what is this openGl thing. please teach me! lol. Thanks All
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Player808
Hello ,

Just wondering if anyone can recomend some reading material or sites i can look at to learn more about game programming I need to learn as much as i can, graphics, AI. Currently the language Im learning is C++. Is there anything else I should learn? and what is this openGl thing. please teach me! lol.

Thanks All

Well, for starters, Game Dev site has a bunch of useful articles that you can look at.

OpenGL tutorials: NeHe

OpenGL is basically a library that will render triangles to a window. You'll find that most of 3d is basically writing a model loader for model formats and then telling opengl to draw a particular set of triangles or other shapes to the screen. Take a look at NeHe and work through the first couple of tutorials. You'll understand better after doing it yourself.
[size="2"][size=2]Mort, Duke of Sto Helit: NON TIMETIS MESSOR -- Don't Fear The Reaper
Moving this to For Beginners.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement