waveOutReset()? crashing my program [Solved, thank you]

Started by
11 comments, last by dev578 18 years, 1 month ago
Could that be a problem? Each buffer is just large enough to fill one screen with samples. This makes graphing the data really easy, I just print the buffer to the screen when it returns. I will definately have to look into this though. I will try in the morning, thank you though, something tells me you might be right.

Dev578
Advertisement
If the wave file is small enough why not use PlaySound() or sndPlaySound()?

As Mastaba indicated, buffer management may be your problem. I put together a little program that uses the Waveform-Audio Interface to play some sound. It includes source code and an sample program. Let me know if it helped.

It can be downloaded from here.
waveform_help.zip
0xa0000000
That was very helpful, thank you very much. The problem was the amount of buffers, anything over 8 can produce undesirable results. This then gave me the problem of graphing the wave in real-time. I just made my buffer size the screen size*4, and had 8 buffers (just to be safe). I just crammed the 4 screens worth of samples into one screen every time a buffer returned. It looks ok. I also liked the polling idea, so I did that as to avoid doing so much in the CALLBACKS. Thank you very much. Rating++;

Dev578

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement