simple game

Started by
14 comments, last by LiquidSmok3 18 years, 1 month ago
Why would you say Tetris is harder? Practice for programming, game control, and get a better understanding of how it all comes together. I've done snake and pong before.
Advertisement
Well, Breakout is much like Pong (which is one of the easier games to create). There really isn't much to BlackJack in-game or in real life. That leaves you with Tetris. Keep in mind that I'm referring to the most basic versions of each game. You COULD make any game (even Pong) to be a very advanced, and complicated game. It just depends on what features/extras you would want to put in your game.
I made Pong as my first graphical game... then I made it again. Then I wrote a simple RTS that I ALMOST finished (my 4e4 project). That is to say, I would have, but schoolwork held me back... Now I'm working on my own RTS game engine.

Don't think that you can go straight from Pong to an MMORPG, though. That's an entirely different story...
Well I along the line's of tetris I've been thinking of a game that has to do with the same concept as tetris and full collapse but with a different twist. The catch is that the I'm still doing Win32, so I figure it would be better to just wait till DirectX to do more advanced stuff.
You could always start with SDL, instead of Win32 and DirectX. SDL makes your life a lot simpler, it's kind of like a simplified DirectX (well, DirectDraw, at least), and you don't need Win32 for it.

Also, if you want to go to DirectX, you can use it right out of SDL.
Quote:Original post by EAX
Make the next big MMOR... errr I mean pong.

ROFL MMO pong...actually that sounds fun

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement