Space Shooter music...comments please.

Started by
33 comments, last by Rain 7 18 years ago
Quote:Original post by douglasedward
yea this is a cool forum, I like it. And as far as being the coolest musician in cowtown, that would be no. Its so hot down here we don't know what cool is. haha.

Being cool involves some level of respect - and sure there is a lot of cows, but they couldn't tell you the difference between respect and a pair of bananas.

How many total tracks did you do for the game?

hehe lame! Even if I knew any Fort Worth musicians, I would still have to admit that you are the coolest. Sorry. :)

I think I have a warrant out for my arrest in Fort Worth. So sadly, cool or no, I will not be able to go back for quite some time. Neat place.

I did 6 tracks total. 5 stage tracks and one bossbattle track.

I think Bruno, the programmer is currently putting the music into the game. It should be a pretty sleak little game once its done.

Advertisement
do you have the rights to do a soundtrack for it or do they? Will one exist? If so you got one sold already!

- moo
______________________Composer??
Quote:Original post by douglasedward
do you have the rights to do a soundtrack for it or do they? Will one exist? If so you got one sold already!

- moo

Dear Moo,

Do you mean like an OSV? If so, I am assuming its dual ownership as far as the rights go. It may sound funny, but due to time complications, we didn't have time to negotiate a contract. Possibly a dumb decision, but I felt great helping these guys out. They were really passionate about the vision and I was all too eager to contribute. I don't know about the soundtrack. There is another musician who is writing some tracks. His style is classical/techno and its pretty cool...I'll have to get back with you on that.

Douglas thanks so much for your interest.

Best regards

Ryan
Rain:

Maybe you already said it, but I couldn't find it in this thread -- What software do you use?
________________________Quote:OluseyiI knew of a "Christian" couple in Nigeria who named their child "God's End-time Battle Axe." I kid you not.
Quote:Original post by Antisheep
Rain:

Maybe you already said it, but I couldn't find it in this thread -- What software do you use?

Hi there Antisheep. What kind of software I use depends upon what I am going for with whatever project. If I am doing orchestral type stuff, I use EASTWEST PLATINUM along with Digital Performer as a sequencer. If I am doing old school type stuff, I use Reason and sequence that through DP. If I am trying to find a medium between old school and orchestral, I often use both Reason and East West at the same time! I also have Garritan but except for the purposes of giving the sounds more depth from the EastWest library, its pretty crappy in comparison so I generally stay away from using it.

As far as hardware, I'll go ahead and tell you that I just bought a Focusrite Saffire Audiouserinterface with Dsp and its really doing a lot to help me to fine tune the quality of the sound of my pieces. What do you use?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement