LPCWSTR

Started by
12 comments, last by Riekistyx 18 years, 1 month ago
In the headers that I looked at, the TEXT macro is defined the same as the _T macro.

#define TEXT(x) __T(x)

That is, they both do the same thing.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Advertisement
You can use #undef UNICODE before you include any files to disable UNICODE. For starters, I suppose this would be a good idea.

Alternatively, you can append an 'A' to any function that accepts only UNICODE. For example, you can use MessageBoxA() instead of MesageBox(), which would be replaced with MessageBoxW() when you compile if UNICODE is defined.

However, I'm sure there's a good reason that UNICODE is the default setting in projects. Personally, I never made programs for anyone but myself, so I never used it.
.:<<-v0d[KA]->>:.
Quote:Original post by v0dKA
However, I'm sure there's a good reason that UNICODE is the default setting in projects.

Internationalization.
Note for 2005 users about unicode... You can use the method of shutting it off by preprocessor commands or.... go into project properties
Configuration Properties->General: Under the project defaults set character set from use unicode to use multibyte :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement