Staying within a window

Started by
16 comments, last by SKATIN_HARD 18 years, 1 month ago
I changed it to that and I still get the same error that I posted before.
Advertisement
I'm curious to figure this out, could you post your code. (cpp file that the error is in)
I don't wanna post the whole soucre but here is most of that part of code starting with a few #defines

#define SCREEN_WIDTH 640;
#define SCREEN_HEIGHT 480;

The function is:

void CheckBounds()  {if (xpos => LEVEL_WIDTH){        {xpos = LEVEL_WIDTH - ship_WIDTH;}    if (ypso => LEVEL_HEIGHT) 	{ypos = LEVEL_HEIGHT - ship_HEIGHT;}}}                

The errors all put to line 74 which is this line:

if (xpos => LEVEL_WIDTH)

And the 5 errors are:

expected primary-expression before '>' token

expected primary-expression before '=' token

expected `)' before ';' token

expected primary-expression before ')' token

expected `;' before ')' token
I'm still thinking about the errors, but I was just curious about your defines. Do you have ";" and the end of them like what you posted?

Quote:#define SCREEN_WIDTH 640;
#define SCREEN_HEIGHT 480;

If so remove the ";" from the define statements.
I did have it for a few of the things. I took them out and I still get the errors. I actually get more now b/c it says the same 5 errors for the line:

if (ypso => LEVEL_HEIGHT)

It doesn't like these 2 lines:

if (xpos => LEVEL_WIDTH)

and

if (ypso => LEVEL_HEIGHT)

but I don't really see what's wrong with them.

I created a function like the one in your code and just made some variables so that I wouldn't get errors for the code, but I got errors. When looking through the code, you have two "{" that you don't need. And I change the "=>" to ">=" and it compiled fine.

void CheckBounds() {	if (xpos >= LEVEL_WIDTH) {		//{		xpos = LEVEL_WIDTH - ship_WIDTH;	}    if (ypos >= LEVEL_HEIGHT) {		ypos = LEVEL_HEIGHT - ship_HEIGHT;	}//}}

Edit: the "//{" are the two "{" that shouldn't be there
Also note that you will probably need to do a similar test for the other two sides of the window (xpos <= 0 and ypos <= 0) if such behaviour isn't already present in your program.
______________________________________________________________________________________The Phoenix shall arise from the ashes... ThunderHawk -- ¦þ"So. Any n00bs need some pointers? I have a std::vector<n00b*> right here..." - ZahlmanMySite | Forum FAQ | File Formats______________________________________________________________________________________
Hmmm.....I changed it to like you said and I still got that same error about expecting primary expression.

I am gonna have to mess around with it tomorrow I guess. Thanks for the help. I don't know if I have an extra } in there that's causing it or what. I'll post or look here tomorrow to see if anything else has changed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement