game tutorials.com cd any good?

Started by
5 comments, last by LostSource 18 years, 1 month ago
On gametutorials.com I saw this full cd thing, it sounds very good, though I don't own it, i was wondering if somebody could tell me if it is any good. I would like to know this before I take any action on buying it. Can you also give me some detail on what is in it and what crowd it affects.
Advertisement
In my opinion it is not worth buying. Back when the tutorials where free, they sucked. They're all just code(sloppy code at that) with some comments. Plus you can find anything that they would "teach" for free someplace else.

Unless they rewrote all of them, I'd say don't bother.
You should download all of their free tutorials and see if you like the style that they use before you buy. If you are comfortable with how they are doing it, then the rest of the tutorials follow the same style. If you do not like the style, then you should reconsider [wink]
You could always check them out using the Wayback Machine.

The last archive I see with the old free download format is Here

------------------------------------------------------------// TODO: Insert clever comment here.
Quote:Original post by drowner
You could always check them out using the Wayback Machine.

The last archive I see with the old free download format is Here

All of the downloads are blocked, so the archive is pretty much useless. It would be anyway though, since they have some of the worst "tutorials" I've ever seen.
3 Words.

It's pure garbage.
I'm not associtated with GT.com, but I will say that I found useful information on the CD. Although there were some things that I didn't like, the tutorials do teach a beginner alot. In my opinion, nothing will be perfect so don't look for the perfect tutorials, everyone will teach you something a different way, so don't look for one set way of coding, andyou will run across people that use different words. But hey that's learning, I got the CD along time ago, and it was worth it to me. My $0.02.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement