[MDX] BoxBoundProbe + RotationYawPitchRoll

Started by
2 comments, last by Grattier 18 years ago
Hi! I was doing a BoxBoundProbe but now, my object rotate using RotationYawPitchRoll... How can i ajuste my BoxBoundProbe ???? Can i affect a transformation on ly localDirection vector?? something like that :| .. or maybe the only way is to use a Temp Mesh for Picking test.. thanks for help a+
Advertisement
You can't change the coordinates of the box to rotate according to your mesh - you'd have to expand the box so that it became a new bounding box. It's not difficult, but it's unlikely to be accurate nor fast...

Instead, I would give some thought to changing the ray position and direction. I've not double-checked it, but if you multiply the ray position by the world transform they should be in the same coordinate spaces again - thus checking on the original box (with modified ray) will be correct.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

Ok yeah i tried it already but it don't seem to work.. i'll try to draw the Ray so I can see what happen...

Thanks a+
I can't get it work... any idea how it should work???

I draw my Ray and it don't look like It should.. i tried many way but nothing work..

Need Help Please !!

thanks a+

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement