C++ and Binary

Started by
12 comments, last by Nypyren 18 years ago
Quote:Original post by tjweb92
No i don't like visual C++ it can't conect over web and more syntax

Well for one, yes it can "conect over web" - using Winsock or equivalent. If QBasic can do networking then I'd guess it's a lot easier than doing it with a Winsock binding for C++, unfortunately. Also - it does have more syntax than QBasic, I guess, but if you refuse to learn anything with more syntax than QBasic I don't think you're going to get very far in your programming career. ;)

Others - if you check out tj's profile, no, I don't think it's a 1/4 joke.
It only takes one mistake to wake up dead the next morning.
Advertisement

Check out Python. Python is a high-level language (like QBasic), but is considerably more up-to-date. There is a huge variety of things you can do easily in Python, including network connections, and even games with the PyGame library.

You'll probably find Python much simpler to read and understand, and it will definitely do anything you need it to do.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

First of all, you are talking about C++, not Visual C++ (Visual C++ is a C++ compiler). Second, it can indeed do networking (through WinSock or BSD sockets). If you have a problem with it having more syntax, maybe you would like a Lisp dialect. But really, more syntax is not that much of a problem.
LOL @ April Fool's jokes.

And if you're not just joking, I apologize. It's just hard to take you seriously with the extremely false statements in your posts.

And since you joined yesterday... well, yeahhh.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement