Most common programming language to date?

Started by
25 comments, last by Arild Fines 18 years ago
Quote:Original post by plankton21
The Express beta installation did'nt work properly twice, I would get stuck on 100% then it would hang, using 0% CPU. Checked the express beta forums, and theres still no solution to this problem, which has happened to quite a few people. Should'nt be the computer cause I got a beast of a PC. ;)

That's odd, have you tried downloading the ISO? Just a thought, but I don't understand why the web install wouldn't work.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by dmreichard
Quote:Original post by plankton21
The Express beta installation did'nt work properly twice, I would get stuck on 100% then it would hang, using 0% CPU. Checked the express beta forums, and theres still no solution to this problem, which has happened to quite a few people. Should'nt be the computer cause I got a beast of a PC. ;)

That's odd, have you tried downloading the ISO? Just a thought, but I don't understand why the web install wouldn't work.

Yeah, I tryed both, like I said hangs on 100% of the install, not the download. Its happened to more than just me, and I dont think theres a solution atm. :[

If someone zipped the entire folder of the finished folder, would probably work, but no one wants to do that!. :P
Quick question, with the Free Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition, it says offer ends April 17th, 2006. Does this mean its too late, after that point they will no longer be sending them out? People said it took 8 weeks before they received their copy.

6-8 week wait... x_x
If you want everything for free, why not give Java a chance? Eclipse is a very powerful (and free!) IDE.
dude, buddy, why try the hard stuff first, get a hold of Q-Basic (DOS environment) its great for starting out, you will learn about functions and procedures, its not hard to learn, the help is great, and. ... its a hella lot easier to debug. hehe, start at basic (interpreters), then try c++ or pascal. Stay in the DOS environment as it is much easier to learn how a program is constructed, because you dont have to worry about windows crap, or system specific crap. I started on an Apple IIe, then migrated to a TI-85 :), now im on my windows machine hoping one day to get on linux.
sig
Quote:Original post by John Schultz
...python is interpreted; is a scripting language...

Not quite. Python is bytecode compiled. And the term "scripting language" is not quite accurate, either, as Python has a range of extremely powerful language features.

Quote:...in same class as Lua, Perl, etc.

Again, not exactly. People frequently use Python and Ruby like Lua and Perl, but that doesn't mean that they're actually wholly comparable languages.

FYI.
Quote:Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:Original post by John Schultz
...python is interpreted; is a scripting language...

Not quite. Python is bytecode compiled.

And the resulting bytecode is then interpreted. I doubt you'll find many languages today that actually do perform tokenization and parsing as part of the interpretation (the Windows batch language might be the one exception).

--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement