Old Time Game Artist/First Time Writer (or not)

Started by
2 comments, last by mando 18 years ago
Hi there, My name is Armando Afre. My prior experience in games has been primarily as a modeller/animator. My most recent gigs were at Factor 5 where I worked on the GC games "Rogue Leader" and "Rebel Strike" (I built the leading Star Wars cast), and at Backbone Entertainment on the PSP game "Death Jr." (built a bunch of the demons). I'd like to break into writing for games. My approach has been to nail down the game universe/timeline, which I've posted on my site -as well as, (and which hasn't been made public), to write the story as a sort of hybrid screenplay/design doc. The plot - hinted at on my gameworld page - takes place over 4 days at the very end of the 300 year timeline. You can check out the gameworld/timeline at: http://www.pixelshop.com/pixelpov/point_of_view.html. My question is: What is the best way to present the in-game material? Thanks for your time. peace d=^) -mando
peaced=^)-mandowww.pixelshop.com
Advertisement
That's a really broad question, and you may be getting ahead of yourself.

You've listed characters and described the world, have you decided on the plot that's going to weave through them? I don't just mean when it takes place, I mean the details of it.
I looked through your thing and it's really complicated. There only a handful of gamers who like something that complex. Presenting something like that to a game company probably won't do you any good, especially if it's your first game. Most gamers want simple stories, like the one in Halo, that are easy to understand.
Thanks for your input. I have a specific plot to weave the characters through. And I do concede that gameplay might be a little ambitious. However, I've flowcharted the level design and I think I might be able to get it to work.

peace
d=^)
-mando
peaced=^)-mandowww.pixelshop.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement