Trouble when compiling input and sound core

Started by
0 comments, last by Evil Steve 18 years ago
Hello, When I compiled the input core it worked perfectly. But then, when I tried to compile the sound core (the input core had been uncommented), I got errors only from the Core_Input.h, 102 errors to be precise. Then I tried including both the input core and the sound core and I got 37 errors instead.

c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(41) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(41) : error C2501: 'cSound::IDirectMusicPerformance8' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(41) : error C2501: 'cSound::m_pDMPerformance' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(42) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(42) : error C2501: 'cSound::IDirectMusicLoader8' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(42) : error C2501: 'cSound::m_pDMLoader' : missing storage-class or type specifiers
c:\Documents and Settings\Eddie\Mina dokument\Visual Studio Projects\13APR\EggCoreExe\Core_Sound.h(49) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
Thanks Wargrave
Advertisement
Looks like a problem with your headers. For some reason cSound isn't being defined.

Random stab in the dark: Your preprocessor include guards aren't the same symbol in two headers are they? I spent about an hour with a similar problem, then found it was this silly copy & paste bug.

In any case, it's not really a DirectX problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement