Fading Textures

Started by
3 comments, last by trespassersW 17 years, 12 months ago
I can't figure this out, Google doesn't give me anything either. I need to fade a texture using it's diffuse color that I change. I have this fade in transition that uses a texture with the effect and I change the alpha values to get the effect of fade ins and fadee outs. But I can't get the texture to fade with the qaud. What type of arguments do I need to pass the device for texture stages and/or alpha blend (if need be different)?
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Advertisement
Perhaps use second texture which has all pixels set to your target color, then blend the original texture with your color texture?
Use Modulate for the ColorOperation, TextureColor for Argument1, and Diffuse for Argument 2.

Voila. Fade-o-rama.
Co-creator of Star Bandits -- a graphical Science Fiction multiplayer online game, in the style of "Trade Wars'.
Thank you both...
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
Does setting ColorOperation to mod between Texture and Diffuse also work for Point Sprites? I have a particle engine set up this way and the alpha component of my texture is working beautifully, but the alpha component of my diffuse color for the vertex is being ignored (the RGB of the diffuse is working fine, though).

Do you have to do something extra to get this to work for Point Sprites?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement