Gravitational Constant

Started by
3 comments, last by coder0xff 17 years, 12 months ago
In coming up with the subject for this thread I realized what I should search the internet for: "Gravitational Constant" So here is what I found: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitational_constant) Gravitational Constant (G)= 6.6742 N m^2 kg^-2. So here is what I need to do: Calculate the force in newtons (F) on two points given their masses in kilograms (A and B) and the distance between them in meters (D). Is this correct?: F = A * B / D^2 * G Substitute G: F = A * B / D^2 * .000000000066742
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Advertisement
The placement of G there is a little weird looking, depending on how you're thinking about precedence. I would express it as F = A * B * G / D^2.
OK... aside from that, have I interpreted the usage of G correctly?
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and Im not sure about the universe. -- Albert Einstein
Yep. Keep in mind that the force on both of the objects are equal magnitude but oppsite in direction.
[s]--------------------------------------------------------[/s]chromecode.com - software with source code
yup. thanx

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement